No Other Language School in Chicago Compares to MGP
We Think Differently - Our School Helps Unleash Your Child's Natural Gifts. Our trilingual immersion program opens your child up to a world of possibility not available to monolingual speakers.
We offer a trilingual full immersion, authentic Montessori inquiry-based curriculum taught in Spanish, Mandarin, and English that is focused on building loving relationships with peers and adults.
We provide a full arts and sciences enrichment program that includes music, computer coding, robotics, yoga, fine arts, sports, and gardening.
Located in Lincoln Square, we deliver to families an innovative data driven, results oriented, personalized authentic Montessori trilingual education that sets measurable goals, and teachers are held accountable to deliver results in set time periods for each child. Our mission is to provide the foundation for children to be able to create fulfilling lives for themselves and learn how to use that to make an impact and a difference in the lives of others.
We do this by providing our preschool students with a caring, comprehensive, highly personalized Montessori learning experience. In addition to a traditional Montessori education, our curriculum includes support to prepare graduates for the Chicago Public School’s Gifted and Classical elementary school programs and provides an opportunity for parents to work in partnership with educators to shape the student experience. Our main goal is to help plan, support, and guide our students through all the emotional and intellectual challenges leading up to elementary school.
Montessori Gifted Prep places a special emphasis on critical thinking, reasoning, problem solving and creativity and teaches the following, according to the level of your child:
Ten unique services provided by Montessori Gifted Prep
1. Trilingual Full Immersion Program: Each class has a full time, native Spanish and Mandarin speaking teacher, so all children are exposed to our Global Languages - our children have successfully tested into immersion elementary schools
2. Learn Computer Science, without computers: When computer science is introduced to children, it is often with screens. With growing evidence of the detrimental effects on a child's development, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends we limit screen time for children, and none at all for children under 5.
At M.G.P., we capture the foundation of computation, such as binary numbers, Boolean logic, and programming, using hands-on materials. We teach coding literacy using only hands-on building blocks, robots, and wooden manipulatives. Learning to code develops our children's sequential thinking skills (ability to communicate thoughts in a structured and logical way) and encourages curiosity
3. Personalized curriculum optimized towards preparing for Chicago Public School’s Gifted & Classical entrance exam (Staff Student Ratio is 5:1)
2018: 100% of eligible MGP students were accepted to CPS Selective Enrollment Gifted & Classical Elementary Schools
4. Nature oriented with onsite gardening - children enjoy shoveling compost and mulch, raking soil to prepare garden beds, planting seeds, and harvesting ripe produce
5. Classroom webcam - watch live secure video streaming from your desktop or phone of your child learning, playing, and interacting with other children
6. School facility includes a 3,500 square foot indoor gymnasium (great for winter), large indoor playground, and an onsite fenced in private outdoor playground
7. Global Learning - Create Citizens of the World
(1) Language and culture exchange via live secure video
streaming with partner preschools in Colombia, and China
(2) Chicago's International Consulate community visits our school to teach children about the global community
8. Onsite extracurricular activities include music lessons via Old Town School of Folk Music and Super Soccer Stars
9. Organic meals catered by Gourmet Gorilla, and an on-site vegetable garden which becomes an outdoor classroom where the children build, dig, plant, water, rake, and learn about healthy eating, the origins of food, environmental stewardship, science and nutrition
10. Award Winning Academically Rigorous Montessori School
(1) School Member of the American Montessori Society - committed to providing the highest quality Montessori education
(2) Documented goal-oriented evaluation of students
(3) Partnerships with leading local academic institutions
(A) Loyola University - relational studies
(B) Northwestern University - early childhood teaching methods for Native American language preservation
(C) University of Illinois - nature and gardening
(D) University of Chicago - social science research and public policy
(4) Montessori Gifted Prep Receives Best of Chicago Award in the Montessori School category.
Our students consistently demonstrate high levels of academic achievement and are challenged to become empathetic, multicultural understanding, confident, compassionate, independent, collaborative and globally-aware citizens.